Global South-South Development Expo 2012 (19 – 23 November 2012)
The Global South-South Development Expo (GSSD Expo) 2012, hosted by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), will take place at the Hofburg Palace, Vienna, Austria, from 19 to 23 November 2012. This year’s GSSD Expo will focus on renewable energy and climate change.
The Special Unit for South-South Cooperation is seeking nominations for projects or programs that have provided a successful solution in any of the following areas:
- Energy, Climate Change and Industrial Development
- Energy, Climate Change and Inclusive Social Development
- Energy, Climate Change: Focus on Biodiversity, Forestry and Land Degradation
- Energy and Climate Change: Agriculture
- Energy and Climate Change: Health, Youth and Women
- Energy, Climate Change and Energy Access
They are currently calling for the nomination of solutions and registration of participants. The nomination deadline is 31 of October. Submissions can be made in English, Spanish and French via the nomination forms available here: http://www.southsouthexpo.org/nomination-instructions-selection-process.asp
Nominated initiatives should have some or all of the following attributes:
- South priority/demand driven
- South ownership
- South leadership
- Broad-based partnership
The selected solutions will receive:
- An opportunity to exhibit the initiative at the Global South-South Development Expo in the UNIDO HEADQUARTERS IN VIENNA
- The opportunity to interact with partners and donors interested in funding or replicating the initiative in other developing countries.
- A Commemorative plaque at the Special Ceremony with World Leaders.
For more information, visit: http://www.southsouthexpo.org/
Downloadable poster for GSSD Expo 2012: http://www.southsouthexpo.org/uploads/programme/UNDP-EXPO2012b071612s.pdf