|EPHF 10: Research in Public Health|
This function includes:
• Rigorous research directed to increase the knowledge that supports decision-making in its various levels.
• The execution and development of innovative public health solutions, and the measurement and evaluation of their impact.
• The establishment of partnerships with research centers and academic institutions, from both within and outside of the health sector, to conduct studies to support the NHA’s decision-making process.
1. Development of public health research plans.
2. Development of the institutional capacity for research.
3. Advisory services and technical support for research at the sub-national public health entities.
Regional Office for the Americas of the World Health Organization