The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained stable and is lower than expected in most areas
- In the Caribbean, trends in acute respiratory disease were decreasing or unchanged
- In Central America, these countries reported decreasing or unchanged trends except Nicaragua which reported increasing trend in acute respiratory disease.
- South American countries reported decreasing or unchanged trends of acute respiratory disease except Peru which reported increasing trend
- In North America, a median of 87.3% of subtyped influenza A viruses were pandemic (H1N1) 2009
- 51 new confirmed deaths in 5 countries were reported; in total there have been 7,484 cumulative confirmed deaths
Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 March 2010 05:32