|EPHF 3: Health Promotion|
This function includes:
• Promoting changes in lifestyle and environmental conditions that will promote the development of a health culture.
• Strengthening of intersectoral partnerships to make health promotion actions more effective.
• Assessing the impact of public policies on health.
• Developing educational actions and social communication that promote healthy conditions, lifestyles, behavior, and environments.
• Reorienting health services to develop models of care that support health promotion.
1. Support for health promotion activities and the development of standards/interventions that favor healthy behaviors and environments.
2. Building of sectoral and extra-sectoral partnerships for health promotion.
3. National planning and coordination to inform, educate, and communicate strategies of health promotion.
4. Reorientation of health services towards the promotion of public health.
Regional Office for the Americas of the World Health Organization