- The activities have established a process for the incorporation of a gender perspective in the annual plans and management of the national programs of Chagas’ disease, HIV/AIDS (PRONASIDA), dengue, tuberculosis and child health (IMCI strategy) of the Ministry of Public Health and Wellbeing.
- Through collaboration with the Women’s Secretariat, Ministry of Health of Public Health and Wellbeing, and the National University of Asunción, the PCPCD has contributed to integrating a gender perspective in the health system in Paraguay, which includes ensuring that information and education are targeted to men and women and improving access to health services and treatment.
- Mesas tematicas en género in Paraguay have been successful in creating gender awareness in communicable disease prevention and control among government sectors, civil society, as well as at the community level. The mesas tematicas have resulted in political interinstitutional agreements and efforts to address specific problems that affect maternal and child health such as:
- Free diagnosis and treatment of syphilis and HIV in pregnant women.
- Free formula for women with HIV
Last Updated on Thursday, 03 June 2010 12:21