|Working Group Pharmacovigilance|
Develop and strengthen Pharmacovigilance through regulatory harmonization activities and proposals that promote the safety and rational use of drugs as a necessary component of public health policies in the Americas.
1. Promote development and circulation of the knowledge, criteria, and methods used in Pharmacovigilance, which should be used in training and educational activities for all actors related to medicines;
2. Analyze and promote development of harmonization tools to support Pharmacovigilance in the Region;
3. Develop and promote a network that permits exchange of knowledge, communication, and support for decision-making related to Pharmacovigilance;
4. Promote integration of Pharmacovigilance as an essential component of medical programs and public health policies;
5. Promote research on Pharmacovigilance and its circulation, as well as analysis of the impact of Pharmacovigilance on public health, emphasizing patient safety.
Members of the Working Group on Pharmacovigilance
Red PARF Technical Document No. 5. Good Pharmacovigilance Practices for the Americas. December, 2010 (3.27 MB) (the English version will be published soon)
Regional Office for the Americas of the World Health Organization