- National and regional policies established to promote free and equitable access to evidence-based information on health as a human right.
- A Region with equitable access to information, innovation, networking, resource optimization, and proper use of information and communication technologies to achieve interoperability between sources and of health information systems.
- Access to health information considered within the principle of nondiscrimination in health and as an integral part of the concept of health services access.
- PAHO as the facilitator of dialogue between Member States and as a monitoring body of international human rights treaties in order to strengthen access to health information.
- Health information networks of the Region helping leverage the social capital available.
- Health workers in the Region fully capable of operating in the “Information Society.”
- Development partners and donors funding projects to democratize access to health information sources.
- Health workers in underprivileged geographical locales having open and equal access to sources of scientific and technical information.
- Underprivileged locations connected to the Internet.
PAHO/WHO’s Vision for Knowledge, Management and Communication
April 23, 2011 No Comments