- Election of Three Member States to the Executive Committee on the Expiration of the Periods of Office of Argentina, Guatemala, and Haiti li>
- Election of Two Members to the Advisory Committee of the Latin American and Caribbean Center on Health Sciences Information li>
- Appointment of the External Auditor of PAHO for 2012-2013 and 2014-2015
- Regional Consultation on WHO Reform li>
- Salary of the Director of the Pan American Sanitary Bureau li>
- Roundtable on Antimicrobial Resistance
Also scheduled for discussion during today’s session are: the adoption of a strategy and action plan to accelerate the reduction of maternal mortality in the Americas, addressed yesterday; and a strategy and action plan on urban health, discussed on Monday.
Among the issues discussed yesterday by the Council were: maternal mortality, which brought together several specialists from international organizations and NGOs, and WHO Reform, which included commentary from WHO Director-General Margaret Chan.
For more information on the agenda and the other issues to be addressed this week, visit: http://bit.ly/odOQfg a>.