Franklin Vergara, unanimously elected to chair the 51st Directing Council of the Pan American Health Organization, inaugurated the sessions of the meeting that brings together health ministers from the Americas to discuss the health situation in the region. The Director of PAHO, Dr. Mirta Roses, and the Director-General of WHO, Dr. Margaret Chan, are also part of the panel that conducts the meeting.
The second day’s agenda includes:
- Regional Consultation on WHO Reform
- WHO Medium-term Strategic Plan 2008-2013 and Proposed Programme Budget 2012-2013
- PAHO Program and Budget 2012-2013
- Panel on Safe Motherhood and Universal Access to Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Plan of Action to Accelerate the Reduction of Maternal Mortality and Severe Morbidity
- Strategy and Plan of Action on eHealth